Monday, June 21, 2010

Why You Should Write For Suite101.com


 Life is a Journey, Not a Destination...   freepixels.com

Writing for Suite101.com is the same.

First the bad news.

I have submitted three articles to Suite in the past 6 days and have got 82 pageviews and three comments.

And the revenue is still zilch.

And yet, I am not overly dismayed.

(Though I would have happy to get off the mark.)

I am still learning the ropes and am in for the long haul.

So far, I have had a good experience with Suite101.

All three articles are up without any hassles.

Suite101.com pays its writers a share of its AdSense revenue so we get paid only if someone clicks the ads surrounding our articles.

Sounds a rather precarious way to make an honest buck.

And yet, it seems there are scores of writers who have making a lot of money writing for Suite.

Also, once your article is published in Suite, it has the potential to make money lifelong. Those clicks add up over the days, weeks and months. At least in theory.

My immediate focus is to write and submit articles faster on Suite.

One article a day.

Suite wants writers to submit at least ten articles every three months.
That's reasonable.

Another incentive is that writers who submit more than 50 articles earn 10 percent more revenue. That is, 11 dollars instead of 10 dollars.

So my aim is to write 50 articles for Suite as soon as possible and see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I am learning about how to write and submit good articles fast, about SEO (search-engine optimization) and how to publicize my articles more effectively.

The forums are useful and the other Suite writers are friendly and helpful.

I joined StumbleUpon.com and Digg.com today after reading a post in the forums.

So all in all, I am happy so far.
And if I die tonight, I'll die happy.

To paraphrase Seneca, As long as you live, keep learning how to write.

Just checked "My Suite" and revenue is still a big fat zero.
(Zero was invented by Indians and has haunted us ever since.)

No comments:

Post a Comment